It definitely doesn’t get easier than this. Seriously- this was my first time attempting caramel apples and we nailed it on the first take. Yay! The shortcut to our glory are the Werther’s soft caramels. Just melt those and BAM, caramel apples!
Ok, there’s a little more involved than that, but I promise, its easy. Sticky and messy, but easy. You can’t have it all, babe.
Follow along for a super quick recipe that everyone will love. Here’s a video to show the overall process. Keep scrolling for full ingredients and directions.
• 1 bag of Werther’s soft caramels (your favorite flavor!)
• 4 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
• 4- 6 medium sized apples
• cake pop sticks or popsicle sticks
• wax paper
• toppings for apples (optional)
Wash and thoroughly dry your apples.
• Poke cake pop stick into the end of each apple.
• Melt the caramels in a microwave safe bowl for thirty seconds at a time, until they are fully melted. Add the milk to slightly thin the caramel, stir well.
• Dip each apple into the caramel, using a spoon to coat.
• Place apple on wax paper. Set aside for 10 minutes and add topping. Refrigerate an extra 10 minutes for best results before serving!