Having a gluten free diet can have its challenges but there are times it can be soo good! This is one of those times 🙂
Eggs have always been that go-to staple in my diet, so finding new ways to prepare them, is kind of my life’s work, ha! If you know, you KNOW.
When I first heard of cloud eggs I was like “what in the world is that??” But they are exactly what they sound like. Fluffy, delicious, cloud-like, eggs!
Best part? It takes about 20 minutes from start to finish! So let’s get right to that recipe…
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 2-4 large eggs (two eggs is for a serving of 4)
• Pink Himalayan salt
* Optional: 4- 8 slices buttered bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Make sure to coat with nonstick cooking spray! (Do NOT skip this step)
- Coat small bowls with nonstick cooking spray. Separate the eggs and put the whites into a medium bowl and the yolks in the small bowls (1 yolk per bowl).
3. Add a large pinch of pink salt to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed as it begins to fluff, 2-3 minutes.
4. Scoop 4 large spoonfuls of the egg whites onto the prepared baking sheet and make a small dip in the middle of each with the back of a spoon. Bake the whites until they are firm, and just beginning to lightly golden, about 4 1/2 minutes. Gently pour 1 yolk into the center of each white. Place back in the oven for another 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt.
Serve with your choice of fresh fruit or bread!
TIP: sprinkle fresh herbs over top.
Btw- this would make a great back to school breakfast!
Give them a try, they’re super easy and yummy!