This post is sponsored by ALDI . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Raise your hand if you have a slight obsession with all things avocado. If for some reason, your answer to that was no (you’re missing out) please stick around and let me show you the way! 🙂
So, I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but the magic of the avocado fruit is pretty unique. It can be used in so many different ways and provide a multiple array of tastes to your all time favorites. Like for example; did you know you could use avocado’s to make chocolate mousse?? If you’re not a foodie, you’re probably super confused or thinking there’s just no way that could taste right. I promise you, it does. Might even taste better!
The other day when I picked up a few essentials at ALDI. I made sure to grab fresh avocados for dinner… I didn’t know if avocados would work in a gyro, but they did and I was SOO excited about it.
#1 Avocado’s in a Gyro
Talk about savory, guys! This was my very first time making these gyros and they were incredible. Not trying to pat myself on the back, but WHOA. I knew once I had the hubs and the kiddos approval, I was onto something decent. Even though the avocado’s may only be an enhancing element in this dish, it made all the difference! I mean, when is the last time you ate a gyro with diced avocado’s?? Right! This needs to be explored, ha!
- 1/3 cup SimplyNature organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon SimplyNature organic dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Friendly Farms plain Greek yogurt
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 4 Specially Selected naan bread slices
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Feta Cheese to liking
Preheat a grill to medium high. Make the marinade: Whisk the olive oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the marinade to a small bowl; mix in the yogurt and 2 tablespoons water. Add onion to the bowl with the remaining marinade and toss; remove to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add the steak to the bowl and toss.
Grill the onion and steak, turning once, until lightly charred, about 4 to 8 minutes per side for the steak (depending on the thickness). Set aside to rest, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the naan flatbread until marked, about 1 minute per side.
Slice the steak against the grain. Fill the flatbreads with the steak, onions, tomatoes and diced avocados. Drizzle with the yogurt sauce.
Total :35 min
Active: 10 min
- Yield: Serves 4
So yummy, you need to make this for dinner asap!
#2 Egg + Avocado Bake
This recipe is for sure a breakfast staple for us all! It’s packed with protein and vitamins. You just can’t go wrong with that, guys!
and really, it’s pretty to look at too 🙂 By the way, all of these delicious ingredients were found at ALDI
EGG + AVOCADO BAKE recipe:
- 1 Avocado
- 2 SimplyNature organic cafe free eggs
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 diced tomato
- Happy Farms Preffered feta crumbles
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out some avocado from the center to make room for the egg.
- Break an egg into the center of each half avocado (don’t worry if some of the white spills out as long as the yolk is intact).
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until whites are set and yolk is runny.
- Add seasoning and toppings
How simple is this dish?? Super yummy too, give it a try some time!
#3 Chocolate Mousse w/ Avocado
This one is the stunner. The unicorn. How in the world can an avocado be used to make a delicious chocolate mousse? Well, despite the doubts you may have (if you’ve never tried it) it can be quite amazing!
You guys, the only disclaimer for this recipe is that it can be completely addicting… you may not be able to stop consuming 🙂
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE W/AVOCADO recipe:
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Corner semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 very ripe (8 ounce) avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup SimplyNature organic light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Corner baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Place the melted chocolate, avocados, agave, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance).
Total: 3 hr 15 min
- Yield: four 3/4 cup servings or six 1/2 cup servings
There you go friends, three very different ways I use my favorite super food Avocado. I really hope you enjoy these recipes and try them out for yourselves. Make sure to stop by your local ALDI to check out their fresh produce and other delicious goodies that you just can’t be without!